Banknotes get old or damaged, after hundreds and thousands of times of circulations. When paper money reaches its service life, it is necessary to centrally recycle and destroy. Introducing a secure banknote destruction system that can downsize cash, resulting in unrecognizable and unrecoverable shredded paper.
1. Feeding in banknote in mass by conveyor.
2. Primary shredding by a banknote shredder. A double rotor shredder can process banknote in bulk. The resulting materials are 40mm by 40mm. 2 medium-speed rotors co-rotate against a counter knife. The materials gather at the centre and downsize immediately. The screen discharges shredded particles smaller 40mm by 40mm.
3. Followed a by simple scramble mixer to shuffle and loosen the particles.
4. Next, the shredded particles enter another shredder, a cross-cut shredder, to be exact. This is the core of the banknote shredding system, because it ensures the banknote to meet security level P-5 (smaller than 30 mm²) according to the standard DIN 66399–2. The super thin blades plus a small gap between each blade achieve such high security level.
5. Prior to briquetting, the cyclone bin collects shredded banknote.